- Scientific Name: Lynx Lynx
- Nicknames: Russian Lynx, Common Lynx, Northern Lynx
- Size/Weight: Length 19-35 inches, Height 16-22 inches (from feet to shoulder), weight 18-60 pounds
- Physical Attributes: The coat of the Eurasian Lynx is commonly a mix of brown shades, characterized by a combination of black pors and stripes with some having a more greysih and yellowinsh tint. Their legs are long and their feet are large so that traveling through the snow is more Efficient . There are black tuffs at the ends of the ears, and the tail is short with a black Tip .
- Life Span: Wild-17 Years, Captivity-26 Years
- Native Location/habitat: Prairies, forests or tundra in western Europe and northern Asia.
- Conservation Status: Not Endangered
- Similar Species: Other Lynx and Bobcats due to similar physical characteristics
The Eurasian Lynx is the largest cat in the lynx family. (source)
The Eurasian Lynx in its natural habitat