events are only one small aspect of fraternal membership. But when
we do get together to have a good time, we make sure that we do
Unlike popular belief, fraternity dues are not a cover charge.
Your fraternity dues will never go toward the purchase of alcohol.
We hold ourselves to our policies and hope that you will too. We
also hold ourselves to Elon's alcohol policies, which may be found
RESOLUTION APPROVED BY THE FORTY-SECOND GENERAL ASSEMBLY
SCOTTSDALE, ARIZONA, 1988
A Resolution on Alcoholic Beverages
Be It Resolved by Lambda Chi Alpha, duly convened at the 1988
General Assembly, that the following policy be adopted as official
policy of Lambda Chi Alpha Fraternity (Amended by the 1992 General
POLICY ON ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES
Recognizing its responsibility for the social well-being and
welfare of its members; and with the objective that the social
atmosphere and environment of its chapters be one in harmony with
the spirit and ideals of this Fraternity; Lambda Chi Alpha Fraternity
adopts this policy related to alcoholic beverages.
- The possession, consumption, and distribution of alcoholic
beverages on the premises of any chapter or colony or at any
entertainment or function given in the name of, or for the benefit
of, Lambda Chi Alpha Fraternity shall not be in conflict with
institutional, state, provincial, or local regulations and policies.
- There shall be no sale of alcoholic beverages by a chapter
- Chapter funds shall not be used to purchase alcohol.
- No chapter shall sponsor or co-sponsor any activity that is
classified as an "open party" that is characterized by unrestricted
and/or public access to alcoholic beverages.
- No chapter may co-sponsor an event with an alcohol distributor,
charitable organization or tavern (tavern defined as an establishment
generating more than half of annual gross sales from alcohol)
where alcohol is given away, sold, or otherwise provided to
- No member shall permit, tolerate, encourage, or participate
in "drinking games" on chapter premises or at any chapter activity
- No alcohol shall be present at any associate member pre-initiation,
or initiation activity of the chapter.
- Designated drivers shall be available in sufficient numbers
at any function where alcoholic beverages are present.
- Adequate procedures shall be used to admit only invited guests
to chapter events.
- The presence of alcoholic beverages shall be monitored in
an appropriate manner to assure compliance with the risk management
guidelines of Lambda Chi Alpha Fraternity.
- The Fraternity directs its chapters to implement a membership
recruitment program that eliminates the use of alcoholic beverages.