Begin the Exam
As indicated on the homepage, if you're testing on campus please proceed
to the Language Media Center in Carlton.
For French, German, and Spanish:
- Open the CAPE
login page in a new window.
- Enter the password given to you by the test proctor or sent by mail/email.
- Select your language and click Begin.
- Fill out the background information thoroughly—it helps us assign
the right score to the right person. Click Continue at the bottom of
- The first question you see is a "dummy" question designed
to show you how the test works.
- Now you'll take the exam. Once you're finished with the exam, your
results will be posted to the screen.
For Italian and Latin:
- Click to open the
testing page in Moodle (new window).
- Enter your Elon username and password and click Login. If you're an
incoming student and don't have an Elon username and password, email
us at email@example.com to
request temporary access.
- From the Moodle homepage, select Language Placement Exam. If you
do not see the exam listed, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
so that we can activate your account.
- Select your language from those listed.
- Begin the exam. The first dozen or so questions are background information;
subsequent questions constitute the exam itself.
- Once you're finished with the exam, make a note of your score and
click here to see your placement.
If your language is not listed, contact us at email@example.com.