The BarberShop Guest House is a charming guest house in the historic Glencoe Mill Village, located on the banks of the Haw River. Glencoe is an exquisitely restored Southern textile mill village and is home to the Textile Heritage Museum. Glencoe's section of the Haw River Trail is also a site on the North Carolina Birding Trail.
The Guest House was converted from the barbershop that served the workers at Glencoe Mill in years gone by and is a perfect get away from the bustle of modern life. Located only a few yards from Glencoe Paddle Access, the Inn is a convenient place to rest at the end of a long day on the Haw River, and to get an early start on paddling in the morning. The owners, Hank and Lynn Pownell cater to paddlers, hikers and birders on the Haw River Trail and have made special arrangements for HRT users.
* A 10% discount for guests visiting the Haw River Trail.
* Shuttle service to Haw River Paddle Trail Accesses may be arranged upon request.
* Continental breakfast for all guests.
* Canoe/kayak storage on the premises.
* Available laundry service.
* Full Kitchen in the Unit.
* Courtesy Wi-Fi and Cable TV