Principles of Planning for
the Facilities Master Plan Committee
- Elon will continue to grow slowly, but not at the expense of academic
- Elon will add new graduate programs.
- Endowment will grow substantially.
- The sophomore-housing requirement will be maintained.
- New architecturally significant entrances to the College from the east and
west will be constructed.
- Elon will have a nationally distinctive academic mission and the campus
will enjoy a broadly based national reputation.
- The campus will maintain an intimate feel; students and learning
will remain at the center of all the College does.
- Elon will always seek to acquire strategically located property.
- New athletic programs will be considered (lacrosse, track & field) and
facilities enhanced accordingly.
- The College will have to provide additional teaching, activity and living
space to accommodate a slightly larger institution.
- The College and the Town will develop a common approach for vehicle and
pedestrian traffic, signage, landscaping and community esthetics.