Colonnades welcomes all submissions of fiction, poetry, creative nonfiction, as well as visual and audio-visual art. Submissions are accepted all year round; however, there are deadlines each year for the current issue. Any submissions after those deadlines will be considered for the next issue. Accepted submissions are automatically entered in the magazine contest.
Pieces for each issue are chosen through a blind reading and ranking process by staff members. This process does take into account the available space within the issue.
- Submissions must be free of all grammatical and mechanical errors.
- All pieces must be submitted electronically, by emailing the appropriate address.
- All literary pieces should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org. All art pieces should be emailed to: email@example.com.
- The subject of the email should be formatted as: lastname_title. The body of the email must include only your name, Datatel number, title of piece, and genre.
- Actual submission pieces must be saved as the title of the piece. Literary pieces should be saved as Microsoft Word documents. Art pieces should be saved as 300 dpi resolution, TIFF format.
- Submission pieces must be attached to the email; do not paste the piece into the body of the email!
- You may include multiple submissions in one email.
The deadline for literary submissions is January 10, 2016, and the dealine for all art submissions is January 24, 2016.