Frequently Asked Questions (Faculty)
1. When should I report a student for an
academic honor code violation?
2. What is the process for reporting a
3. Should I hand back tests or papers to
students I have reported? Answer
4. What should/can I say to a student I
suspect has committed an academic honor code violation?
5. What should I bring with me when I
report a student for an academic honor code violation?
6. What will occur in the preliminary
administrative meeting the student has with the Assistant Vice
President of Academic Affairs?
7. How will I know what happens between
the student and the Assistant Vice President of Academic Affairs?
8. If the student says he/she is “not
responsible” and the case goes to a judicial hearing, what is my
9. What are my grading options if a
student is “responsible” for a violation?
10. Am I allowed to talk to others
(including the student’s parents) about the case?
11. How does an honor code F impact a
student’s grade? Answer
12. My student got an “F” in the class, but
I don’t want it to count as an “honor code F.”
13. How can I re-build my relationship with
the student after an academic honor code incident?
14. Can I just choose to handle a violation
on my own and not report it?