Am I allowed to talk to others (including the studentís parents) about the case?

Answer:  Questions by parents and others about any honor code case should be directed to the Assistant Vice President for Academic Affairs (336) 278-6642.  Faculty should avoid talking to parents about a case until after the issue of responsibility has been resolved.

Should a parent insist on talking to a faculty member, the professor may discuss the course or the honor code in general terms, but cannot discuss any student's specific situation without written permission by the student in advance of the discussion.  For additional information on interaction with parents, click here.