Course Organization and Goals
1. The instructor has clear student learning objectives for the course.
2. The instructor's classes are well prepared
and well organized.
3. The instructor communicates course material clearly and effectively.
4. The instructor displays enthusiasm for the subject.
5. The instructor summarizes or emphasizes
important points in class.
6. The instructor stimulates my thinking about the subject.
7. The instructor provides ample opportunity for student support outside class.
8. The instructor expresses genuine concern
about student progress in the course.
Assignments, Exams, and Grading
9. The instructor provides useful feedback on exams and assignments.
10. The instructor clearly indicates how my work will
11. My class standing at Elon is:
(1) Freshman, (2) Sophomore, (3) Junior, (4) Senior, (5) Other
12. The relationship of this course to my major
(1) In major field. (2) Required for major. (3) Required for minor.
(4) General Studies (5) Elective Course
13. My cumulative grade point average to date
(1) 4.0 - 3.5 (2) 3.4 - 3.0 (3) 2.9 - 2.5 (4) 2.4 - 2.0 (5) Under 2.0
14. My current grade in this course is
(1) A, (2) B, (3) C, (4) D, (5) F
15. I have put a lot of effort into this course
compared to other courses.
In order to aid the developmental aspect of the evaluation,
your constructive feedback on the following
questions is appreciated.
1. Comment on aspects of the instructor's teaching
style that helped the learning process.
(Half page left for response.)
2. Comment on aspects of the instructor's teaching
style that could be improved upon
to help the learning process.
Return to Student Evaluation Instrument Committee's Report
Return to Academic Council Home Page